Update your LinkedIn Profile
Be sure to use a professional picture/headshot and background photo
Tell everyone about yourself!
- Share your story – overview of your career history and accomplishments, what you're passionate about
- Ensure each position you list details your responsibilities and impact
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date, and link to other places you can be found online (Twitter, etc.)
- Make your contact information visible so it’s easy for recruiters to get in touch with you. To check your settings, click the down arrow under ‘Me’ on the right-hand side of your profile. Then click “Settings and Privacy.” You will see several options for editing the visibility of your profile, your email address, and options for you to be searched. You have the option to make each setting viewable by anyone, only your connections, or 1st and 2nd degree connections. While you are job searching, we recommend making your email address available to anyone.
- Ask others for recommendations. Recommendations are a great way to showcase your performance, receive endorsements from former colleagues and provide prospective employers with references for your work.
- You can find the ‘Recommendations’ section below your experience within your LinkedIn profile: